How to Use Incognito Mode in Google Chrome Browser
Incognito Mode in Chrome
Incognito in Google Chrome is a special mode of operation that disables the saving of history, cache, cookies, download history, and other information. It will be especially useful if you do not want other browser users to know what sites you have visited and what information you have entered.
- Please note that incognito mode is only intended to provide anonymity for other Google Chrome users. This function does not apply to the provider.
Enabling incognito mode
First of all, let’s look at how to activate this mode in the Google browser.
- Click in the upper right corner on the browser menu button and in the window that appears, select the item “New incognito window.” You can also use the hotkey combination Ctrl + Shift + N to quickly access the function.
- A separate window will appear on the screen, in which you can safely surf the global network without worrying about saving history, cache, and other data.
- You can visit web resources anonymously through incognito mode only within this window. If you return to the main Chrome window, all the information will be recorded again.
- You can also quickly open a link in a private window that you want to follow anonymously. To do this, right-click on it and select “Open link in incognito window” from the context menu.
Enable extensions to work in incognito mode.
By default, when working in incognito mode, all add-ons installed in Chrome are disabled. If necessary, selected extensions can be allowed to work.
- Click the Chrome menu button, hover over “More Tools” and select “Extensions”.
- Find the add-on of interest in the list and click on the “Details” button next to it.
- At the bottom of the drop-down list, activate the option “Allow use in incognito mode.” Do the same with other extensions.
Disable incognito mode.
When you want to end your anonymous web surfing session, all you need to do to disable incognito mode is to close the private window.
- Please note that all the downloads that you made in the browser will not be displayed in its main window, but they can be found in the folder on the computer where, in fact, they were downloaded.
- Incognito mode is an extremely useful feature if multiple users are forced to use the same browser. This tool will protect you from sharing personal information that third parties should not know.