How to Register a Free Domain in Nepal?
If you are planning to start a blog or you need a website, you will first need a domain. The domain by name should reflect you, your business or your brand. Buying a domain generally costs money on a yearly basis. But if you are Nepali, you can easily register the .com.np domain for free.
requirement to register a free.com.np domain
To register a free.com.np domain, we need the following items:
- Nepali citizenship or company registration paper
- Domain request cover letter ( for company need letterhead and stamp on letter )
- Domain Name Server Address
Along with the official document, you will need a domain request application or cover letter signed by you.
Let’s go through each element and prepare it one by one.
Check the availability of the.np domain on the registrar’s website.
Visit the Nepal.np domain registrar. The registrar for “.com.np” or any.np domain extension is Mercantile Communication Pvt. Ltd. The website where you can go for registration is https://register.com.np.
On the landing page (home page), you can check the domain’s availability. Enter your name and select an appropriate extension (.com.np, info.np, or.name.np) before clicking the search button.
If you can see the “Check Domain Availability” section, use the textbox and type in your desired domain name to check for availability.
In the next window, use the “Register Now” button to apply for the domain name. In the following window, you should see your domain name written in a new format.
Below the domain name, type in the name servers. For now, the name servers can be:
Create an account on register.com.np:
Fill out the Domain Request Form (Administrative and Technical Contact).
Fill in the following information in the Administrative Contact field:
- Provide your legal name.
- Leave the Organization Name field blank while registering a personal domain.
- Country: Nepal (may differ in the case of an organization)
- Choose the province where you will receive your citizenship.
- In the city field, write the name of the city or village resembling your address.
- Post box (optional)
- Provide an address as per your citizenship.
- Email: You can use an alternative email address to your registered one here.
- Telephone (optional)
- Mobile number: Provide your mobile number.
Fill out the domain request form online.
Now, fill in all the form details carefully and press “save and continue.” Name Server (Domain Name Server Address), and administrative details are mandatory. The field with the star is mandatory, and you can skip others if they are not applicable to you; for example, if you are requesting a domain for yourself, then you can skip the Organization name field.
If you have a different person to manage the technical task, then you need to fill in the technical detail section; otherwise, check “Copy administrative contact.” Now, press Save & Continue.
After that, submit the required document and continue. To submit a document, select the document title from the drop-down and upload the respective document, then click Save for each document. All documents must be in image format (jpg or jpeg).
Then, you’ll be redirected to your dashboard, where you can check the status of your domain application.
It can take 2-3 working days for your request to be processed. If you have followed all the steps mentioned above and have read the terms and conditions, your application will likely be approved, and you will see it listed under the “Active Domain” section. You are then free to use your active domain name.
In case your application is rejected, retrace the above steps and make sure you have followed all the conventions. If problems persist, do mention them in the comments below.
Read Also :
- Cover letter sample for register.com.np or mercantile
- Top 10 highest-paying jobs in Nepal?
- 10 most profitable businesses in Nepal
- Experience the beauty of Nepal: a travel guide
- Top 5 Must Visit Destinations in Nepal