Editing videos on TikTok
Editing while shooting
The built-in TikTok editor allows you not only to process ready-made videos but also to make some changes directly in the process. Most of the effects that are visible to all users are placed at this stage. If you want to shoot a video using the effects built into Tik Tok, speed up or slow down the video, take advantage of the opportunity to improve the quality, and then all this is done, including at the shooting stage.
One of the first parameters that must be set before shooting a video is the speed. By speeding up or slowing down, you can get the desired effect. In the articles below, all the methods for editing this playback parameter in Tik Tok are discussed in detail.
The built-in filters in Tik Tok are the main tool for giving a special look and atmosphere. Unlike effects aimed at adding masks, visual additions, etc., through filters, you can only make an image black and white, bright, etc.
Keep in mind that although filters can be added at the post-processing stage (including when working with a finished video), the quality will differ significantly. A video shot with a color filter connected will be of better quality than one that is later added with a mask.
- Open the Tik Tok app and tap on the plus icon to add a new video.
- On the right hand side, you can see a variety of video editing tools. At this stage, you must select “Filters.”
- At the bottom, a large number of different filters will be provided. You can choose the best option for your needs by brute force.
- After selecting a specific filter, use the slider to set the desired intensity. This parameter is initially set to 80%.If you find it difficult to decide on additional settings, just use the default option.
- Tap the red button to start and end video recording.
- To switch to the playback mode, touch the indicated button.
- Then you can move on to publishing or additional video editing.
As any TikTok user knows, effects can greatly improve a video’s chances of being featured. And it’s not just about masks to improve appearance, add makeup, etc., but also about the ability to follow the latest trends.
In this social network, in fact, there are two sections called “Effects.“ The first one, which we are now considering, is intended exclusively for shooting directly through the editor itself. The second one, which we’ll talk about later, is needed to add effects to an already finished video.
- Open Tik Tok and tap the Plus button to add a video.
- Go to the “Effects” section.
- f you plan to use the front camera, first tap the Flip button.
- In the list of all the presented masks, you can select the one you want to use. If you see the Download icon below the effect, then you need to download it first. Please note that some options only work with certain technical parameters. If the mask does not activate on you, most likely your smartphone is simply not suitable for this, although most of the options are optimized for all devices.
- Select the desired effect.
- Start recording a video.
- Tap the checkmark to finish.
- Then you can go directly to the publication of the video or to subsequent editing.
From time to time, Tik Tok makes various updates to the video shooting capabilities. Often, they relate specifically to the duration of the videos. At the moment, most users of the social network have the opportunity to shoot a maximum of 3-5-minute videos. As soon as an update with a longer shooting time becomes available in the region, users are notified accordingly.
Please note that when shooting for a certain song, the duration of the video will depend on the timing of the music, so if you are planning a tik tok that will include several songs, you will have to choose the desired time setting yourself.
- Open the app and proceed to add a new video.
- Above the record button are all the video timing options available to you.
- Tap on the time you prefer.
Video quality plays a huge role, especially when you plan to grow your Tik Tok account. There are several ways to significantly improve the picture at the shooting stage. In addition to the built-in functions, it can also be advised to use not the front camera but the main one. In the evening and at night, when natural light is not enough, it is better to shoot videos with a flash.
We will look at two options in the settings. The first is responsible for improving makeup, skin, etc. With it, you can add shadows, lipstick, and smooth facial imperfections. The second parameter will reduce the noise in the video that appears due to poor lighting or poor camera quality.
- Tap the plus sign to go to the editor.
- On the right hand side, select the Enhance option. Please note that it works with both the front and rear cameras.
- You can adjust the intensity of all individual elements.
- Use the slider to select the desired intensity.
- Next, start making videos.
- Tap on the checkbox to end shooting.
- On the right hand side, check the noise reduction icon.
- With it, the picture will become smoother without unnecessary noise.
Editing the finished video
Processing of finished or just captured videos will improve the quality, cut off unnecessary parts, add effects, filters, etc. The built-in editor has fairly rich functionality, which is well suited for standard types of editing. The interface of the Tik Tok editor is identical on all smartphones, regardless of the operating system. It is recommended to update the application if some features are not available in your version.
The video correction option allows you to edit the duration and remove unwanted frames. This tool is available both for videos shot directly on Tik Tok itself and for those downloaded from the smartphone’s memory.
- In the TiKTok app, tap the plus icon.
- Start shooting a video or add a ready-made file through the “Upload” option.
- Touch the checkmark to go to the processing menu.
- On the right hand side, tap the button “Video correction”.
- Highlight the desired episode.
- Tap the Save button.
- In this way, all individual frames can be processed if there are several individual videos in the editor. When the work is completed, tap “Next” to start publishing the tiktok.
Even a beginner can remove unnecessary frames and perform a simple edit of the finished video on TikTok. In the article below, we talk in detail about all the available methods for trimming a video. You just have to choose the best one.
You can add an additional atmosphere to the video using special voice effects built into the editor. There are many options for changing the voice to suit every taste. You can process tik tok in this way both immediately after shooting and when working with the finished file but before publication.
- Go to the add video menu.
- Start filming the video. If you need to process the finished video, tap the “Download” button in the lower right corner.
- To end shooting or add video from your smartphone, tap the checkmark.
- In the right-side menu, you will find the “Voice Effects” section.
- Before you can listen to and use the effect, you need to download it.
- Experiment with different sounds to find the one that suits you best.
- Tap on the desired icon to add the effect.
- Tap the Next button to proceed with posting the video.
It is not always possible for a beginner in video shooting to record tik tok from the first take, especially if something needs to be said in the process. The voice acting option is designed specifically to correct speech flaws or simply describe what is happening in the video. It is also recommended to use voice acting if your smartphone does not have a very high-quality microphone. In this version, the sound superimposed on top of the picture will be louder and clearer.
- Launch the app and tap the plus icon.
- Start recording a video. You can also add a ready-made file through the “Upload” section.
- Touch the checkmark to go to the video processing menu.
- In the right side menu, go to the “Voiceover” section.
- Uncheck the box next to “Keep original audio” to remove the original audio track. Tap the record button to start recording your voice.
- Tap the icon again to stop voice recording.
- Select the “Save” button in the upper right corner.
- Tap the “Next” button to proceed to posting the video.
Music is an essential part of any TikTok video. Users are given the opportunity to add excerpts from popular songs. You can learn more about how to use all these features for your video in the article below.
The built-in TikTok editor allows you to process the video exactly as it was originally intended without the use of any additional applications. All versions of the social network have effects such as reverse shooting, acceleration, adding natural phenomena (rain, snow, etc.), flickering, and more.
With the Tik Tok app open, tap the plus icon to add a new video.
Start capturing a video, or tap the “Load” button to select a file from your smartphone’s memory.
- Go to the tik tok processing section by tapping the arrow.
- Select the “Effects” option from the bottom bar.
- In the list, you can view all the options available and available to you. To add, hold your finger on the icon for as long as the duration of the effect should last.
- You can cancel the applied action using the arrow, as shown in the screenshot.
- You can apply many different effects to one video. To do this, simply touch and hold the desired icon on the required segment of the video.
- Tap the “Save” button when processing is complete.
- To proceed to publishing the video, select “Next” in the lower right corner.
Some TikTok videos must be accompanied by certain text. You can add such content in various ways, depending on your preferences and the features of your smartphone. We have discussed all the options available today in more detail in a separate article.
Read Also : Use Vidyo AI to create Tiktok, Reels, Shorts and long videos