Google Photos Private Folder Hide Photos and Videos
Enabling and configuring the Personal Folder feature
All you need to start using the “Personal Folder” is the installed Google Photos application. To set it up, follow these simple steps:
- In the Google Photos app, go to the “Library” section and then click “Tools”.
- At the top of the next screen, you will most likely see an option to start setting up your personal folder. If the item is not displayed, look for “Personal Folder” in the list of available options below. Alternatively, wait for library preparation to finish if you just installed the application (you may also need to restart the application).
- A screen will appear with information about the personal folder: that the files placed in it will not be visible in the main interface of Google Photos and in other applications and will not be synchronized. Also, be aware of the fact that all files from the personal folder (if they are not extracted from there) will be deleted when the Google Photos application is deleted or when the application data is cleared (therefore, be careful with Android’s automatic “memory cleaners”). I’ll add this on my own-you can’t take screenshots in your personal folder, so it’s missing here, as well as for some items below. On this screen, click the Configure button.
- Unlock your personal folder with one of the phone’s unlock methods, such as your fingerprint.
- You will see the message “This is empty for now.” Click the “Move Items” button to add new photos to your secret personal folder.
- Select the photos you want and click Transfer.
- You will see data containing critical information. I recommend reading it, especially regarding the uninstallation of the application. On my own, I’ll add again: deleting Google Photos app data will also delete photos from your personal folder. Click Continue.
- Confirm transfer to the personal folder.
Done, the photo or video will be removed from its original location and moved to your personal folder.
In the future, you can always go to your personal folder through “Library” -“Tools” -“Personal Folder”.
In the personal folder itself, you can add new photos and videos (the photo icon with a “plus” at the top right) or select items from the personal folder, click “Move” and move them back to the shared storage accessible from all applications.
Read Also :