How to reset Google Chrome browser to default settings
This article shows you the steps you can take to reset the Chrome Browser to its default settings or completely reset the Chrome Browser to the state it was in when you installed it.
In some cases, when there are problems with the Chrome browser, for example, when installing any programs or extensions, the browser settings change, such as the search engine or pop-ups begin to appear. You can reset the Chrome browser settings to restore the default settings.
How to reset Chrome’s browser settings to default
After resetting Chrome browser settings, the following settings will change to their default values:
- The settings of the main page and the quick access page will be reset.
- The default search engine will be reset to Google, which will be installed.
- All tabs will be unpinned.
- All installed extensions and themes will be disabled.
- All temporary data, such as cookies, will be deleted.
- After resetting the Chrome browser, your bookmarks, browsing history and passwords will be saved.