There are people who use the “Shift + Delete” button when they want to delete files or folders from their computer. This leads to permanent deletion of files that cannot be recovered and leads users to search for solutions on how to recover permanently deleted files from PC. Also, some users have a habit of emptying the Trash regularly to remove junk files.
Sometimes people accidentally delete files from external storage devices such as USB, flash drives, SD cards, memory cards, etc. Folders and files deleted in these scenarios will be permanently deleted and therefore cannot be retrieved directly from the cart. But users have nothing to worry about! They can read this article to know how to recover permanently deleted files from PC and also find the best data recovery solutions.
Recover permanently deleted files from PC manually
There are various manual methods available that can help users know how to recover permanently deleted files from computer. Users can use any of the methods below to easily recover deleted files from desktop.
Method 1: Recover deleted files from PC using previous versions
This is one of the free ways to recover permanently deleted files from PC without using any software. When the user deletes any of the folders from the desktop using the “Delete” button, then there is an option to get back the data from the previous versions of the recovery. Follow the steps below to recover deleted data from your computer.
- Create a new folder or file on your desktop & name it with the same name as the deleted file or folder.
- Right-click on the file and select the “Restore previous version” option . Windows will now search and list previous versions of permanently deleted data with various options such as time and date.
- After that select the last one and then click “restore” to undo the permanent deletion to get back the deleted files or folders with ease.
To be honest, when we delete files from the recycle bin or delete a file using the Shift + Delete command, in both of these situations it is considered a permanent deletion. There are several other factors that also cause permanent deletion, namely:
- Emptying the trash
- Deleting files using the command line
- Deleting large files passing through the trash
- Removing a user account from Drive, which results in the deletion of associated files
Note:- If this solution doesn’t work for you and you can’t recover deleted data from PC desktop. Then go to method 2.
Method 2: Retrieve Permanently Deleted Files from Computer Using File History
This is a built-in feature of the Windows 10 system. This free backup solution allows users to restore an older version of lost or deleted files. Follow the steps below and recover deleted files from computer on Windows 10, 8, etc.
- Open folder which includes deleted files
- Now click History Option
- After that click the Previous button
- Now, Select that File
- And then click then restore option
Note:- There are many cases when these manual methods fail to recover permanently deleted files from PC, then what to do after that? try the solution below and be sure to get your deleted files back from your desktop.
Retrieve Permanently Deleted Files from Computer Using Software
Automated solutions are relatively simple, powerful, and are the most reliable methods that require no technical knowledge to use. To use this safe utility, click the download button and then follow the step by step instructions to recover deleted files from my PC.
The market is filled with several third-party tools, however, not all of them are as effective as expected. Therefore, on the advice of an expert, users can choose the Hard Disk Recovery Tool . This software can easily help you recover permanently deleted files from PC from any NTFS or FAT file system. The user can recover photos, videos, documents, music, as well as other multimedia files.
How to use the program?
Follow the steps below to recover permanently deleted files from PC:
- Download & Mileage software, then the main screen will appear as below.
- Users can scan a drive with two scan options i.e. Scanning and Scanning with Formatting .
- Now the user can select the partition & click on the Scan button to recover deleted files from my computer.
- Browse the folders in the left pane after the scanning process is complete .
- Once you select folders on the left pane, a complete view of the data will be displayed on the right pane of the software. Once restored, permanently deleted files will be displayed in red.
- Users can view the selected data and deleted files will be marked as red .
- Select those files or folders you want to restore, and then click the Save button to start saving the files.
- Choose the location from the Browse Folder option . After that, click on Ok to start the export process.
- The tool will now start the process
- Once the process is complete, a dialog box will appear displaying “Export process completed successfully” . Click Ok to continue.
How to recover deleted files from PC? — User request!
User 1 – Hello everyone, I deleted some important files from my computer last night. Please let me know how to recover deleted files from PC.
User 2 – Hello Experts! My son deleted several valuable photos from my computer. I didn’t find the deleted photos in the trash. Could you help me recover deleted files from my computer.
User 3 – I want to know how I can recover permanently deleted files from my computer. I am using Windows 10 on my PC. I accidentally deleted some files even from the trash folder. Therefore, suggest me a reliable way to recover permanently deleted data from a computer.
Now users know how to recover permanently deleted files from PC using both manual and automated solutions. Accidental or voluntary deletion of files from a computer can irrevocably cause stress for users, so it is important to be careful about data loss. Follow the right approach that best suits the requirement to easily recover permanently deleted files from computer.
Read Also :