Ways to activate incognito mode in Mozilla
Incognito mode (or private mode) in Mozilla Firefox is a special web browser mode in which the browser does not save browsing history, cookies, download history, and other information that will tell other Firefox users about your activities on the Internet.
Please note that many users mistakenly think that incognito mode also applies to the provider (as well as the system administrator at work). The effect of private mode applies exclusively to your browser, preventing other users of it from knowing what and when you visited.
Launching a private window
This mode is especially convenient to use because it can be started at any time. It implies that a separate window will be created in your browser in which you can surf the web anonymously.
To use this method, follow these steps:
- Click on the menu button and in the window go to the item “New private window“ .
- Instead, you can also press the keyboard shortcut Ctrl + Shift + P .
- A new window will open in which you can surf completely anonymously without writing anything to the browser. We recommend that you familiarize yourself with the information that is printed inside the tab.
Incognito works only within the created private window. Upon returning to the main browser window, the information will be captured again.
- To open a link on a page incognito, instead of copying the URL, simply right-click on it and select “Open link in a new private window” .
- The fact that you are working in a private window will be indicated by the mask icon in the upper right corner. If the mask is missing, then the browser is working in normal mode.
Running extensions in incognito mode
Extensions installed in Mozilla Firefox work only in normal mode. When you open private mode, none of them will work, so if you need any of them, you will need to enable the permission yourself.
- Go to the menu, and from there to “Add-ons” .
- Find the extension you need and click on it.
- Among the information and parameters, find the item “Run in private windows” and move the dot to the state “Allow.”
If incognito is already running, refresh some of the tabs affected by the included extension.
Exit incognito mode
In order to end an anonymous web surfing session, you only need to close the private window with a cross. With the next launch, the tabs that were opened earlier will not be relaunched. The new session will start with a blank window. Permissions for add-ons to work in private mode will not need to be reissued.
Read Also :