How to Change YouTube Video Cover photo from PC and Phone
Option 1: Computer
- In the creative studio, go to the section: “ Video Manager ”, in which select the category: “ Video ”.
- A page will appear in front of you, on which all the videos you have previously added will be displayed. To set a cover image in one of them, you need to click the ” Edit ” button under the video you want to add it to.
- Now the video editor is open in front of you. Among all the elements, you must click on the ” Custom Icon ” button, which is located to the right of the video itself.
- Explorer will appear in front of you, where you must pave the way to the image that you want to put on the cover. After selecting it, click the ” Open ” button.
After that, wait for loading (a few seconds) and the selected picture will be defined as the cover. To save all changes, you need to click the Publish button . Before that, do not forget to fill in all other important fields in the editor.
Option 2: Mobile devices
On gadgets running Android and iOS / iPadOS, the required procedure is performed through the YouTube Creator Studio application, which can be obtained from the Play Market and the App Store.
- Run the program and in the control panel window, tap on the video whose cover you want to change.
- Click on the button with the image of a pencil.
- Repeat this operation on the next screen.
- Here, use the “Custom icon” element – its location is indicated in the screenshot below.
- Grant the application permission to access the file system, if required.
Having done this, use the gallery (iOS) or file manager (Android) to select a picture.
If the system detects that the image does not meet the criteria for resolution and volume, you will receive a warning.
Wait for the future preview to load, then click Save to apply the changes .
Done – now you need to wait until the data is updated on the service itself, usually this does not take much time.