Configuring a Netis Router, Step by Step
Netis routers have their own software that allows you to set up an Internet connection. Almost all models have the same firmware, and the configuration is carried out approximately according to the same principle. Next, we will step-by-step consider what parameters should be set for the correct operation of the routers of this company.
Setting up a Netis router
First, I would like to clarify that the input of some addresses is performed in accordance with the provider’s agreement. When connecting to the Internet, the company should have provided you with information about what data you need to enter into the router. If there is no such documentation, contact the technical support of your provider. Then follow the instructions from our guide.
Step 1: Login and Basic Settings
Unpack the router, familiarize yourself with the packaging, and use the instructions to properly connect it to your computer. Now we will show how to enter the Netis router settings:
|netis router startup interface|
- Open any convenient web browser and go to the following address:
- Immediately select a convenient language to understand the purpose of the settings present.
- Open any convenient web browser and go to the following address:
- A quick configuration is available to you, but in most cases it is not enough, so we recommend that you immediately move to advanced mode by clicking on “Advanced.”
- If the language got lost during the transition, specify it again from the list on the left.
|netis router system password setup|
- We recommend that you change the username and password so that no one else can access the router’s control panel. To do this, go to the section “System” and select the category “Password.” Set the required username and password, and then save the changes.
- We advise you to set the time zone, date, and type of its definition so that other information is displayed correctly. In the “Settings” category, you can manually set all the parameters. If there is an NTP server (exact time server), enter its address in the corresponding line.
Step 2: Setting up Internet access
Now you should turn to the documentation, which was discussed above. The configuration of Internet access is carried out in accordance with the data assigned by the provider. You will also need to enter them exactly in the lines provided for this:
- In the “Network” section, go to the first category “WAN,” immediately determine the type of connection, and indicate its type in accordance with that specified by the provider. The most commonly used is “PPPoE.”
- “IP address,” “subnet mask, “default gateway,” and “DNS” also fill in based on the values specified in the documentation.
- Sometimes it is required to reveal additional functions in order to configure “MAC,” which is assigned by the provider or cloned from the previous router.
- Pay attention to the section “IPTV.” Here you manually specify “IP address,” “subnet mask,” and configure “DHCP server.” All this is only necessary if instructed by your Internet service provider.
- The last point is to not forget to make sure that the mode of operation of the router is selected correctly. For normal home use, the marker should be placed near Router.
Step 3: Wireless Mode
Most Netis router models support Wi-Fi and allow you to connect to the Internet without using a cable. Of course, the wireless connection also needs to be configured in order for it to work correctly. Do the following:
|netis router wireless configure|
- In the “Wireless” section, select the “Wi-Fi settings” category, where you can make sure that the function is enabled and give it any convenient name. The name of the network will be displayed in the list of available networks for connection.
- Don’t forget about security to protect your hotspot from strangers. Select the security type “WPA-PSK” or “WPA2-PSK”pot from strangers. Select the security type “WPA-PSK” or “WPA2-PSK”. The second is characterized by an improved type of encryption.
- Leave the “Encryption Key” and “Encryption Type” as defaults, change only the password to a more secure one, and save the settings.
You can connect to your point without entering a password using WPS. Press the special button on the router so that the device can connect, or enter the code provided. It is configured as follows:
- In the Wireless section, select the WPS Settings category. Turn it on and change the pincode if necessary.
- You can immediately add home devices. They are added by entering a PIN code or pressing a special button on the router.
Sometimes you need to create several access points for a wireless connection from one router. In this case, go to the “Multi SSID” section, where you can specify the point, give it a name, and enter additional data.
Configuring the security of such networks is carried out in exactly the same way as in the instructions above. Select a convenient authentication type and set a password.
Specifying additional wireless network settings by a regular user is almost never necessary; however, advanced users will be able to configure them in the “Advanced” section. There are options for access point isolation, roaming, security, and transmission power.
Step 4: Additional Router Features
The basic configuration of the Netis router has been completed, and now you can connect to the Internet. To do this, go to the category “System,” select “Restart the system,” and click on the corresponding button that appears on the panel. After the reboot, the set parameters will take effect, and access to the network should appear.
|netis router restart|
In addition, the Netis software allows you to configure additional features. Pay attention to “Bandwidth Management”; here the incoming and outgoing speeds are limited on all connected computers. Such a solution will help to correctly distribute the speed among all network participants.
Sometimes the router is installed in a public place or in an office. In this case, filtering by IP addresses may be required. To configure this feature, there is a dedicated section in the Access Control categorytering by IP addresses may be required. To configure this feature, there is a dedicated section in the Access Control category. It remains only to determine the parameters suitable for you and set the PC addresses.
Above, we analyzed in detail the process of setting up routers at Netis. As you can see, this procedure is easy and does not require additional knowledge or skills from the user. You just need to have documentation from the provider and follow the provided instructions exactly, and then you will definitely be able to solve the problem.